- Vintage: 2014
- Surface area: 7.30 ha
- Terroir: Ancient sand on clay (1.80 ha)
Clay and limestone on slopes and plateaus (5.50 ha)
- Grape variety proportions: 90 % Merlot – 10 % Carbernet Franc
- Average age of the vines: 40 years
- Average plantation density: 7 500 plants/hectare
- Yields: 28 HL/HA
- Growing Practices: Traditional soil work with no use of herbicide. Suckering, debudding, selection of the bunches as of flowering, leaf thinning in June and August.
- Harvest: Sorted in the vineyard before the harvest, the grapes are collected in small crates, are de-stemmed then sorted and not crushed.
- Vinification: For the utmost effeciency and precision, each grape variety is attributed to its own vat. The harvests are undertaken with the help of small crates, the grapes are sorted in the parcels and at the cellar. They are then placed by gravity into 10 to 30 HL wooden vats. The extraction is effectuated by punching down the cap of skins. The wine is then run-off together with its lees into oak barrels to undergo the malo-lactic fermentations.
- Ageing: After the malo-lactic fermentations the wine is aged in oak barrels over lees for 14 to 16 months.
- Food and wine pairings: It will perfectly accompany grilled red meats or stews, game or aged cheeses.
- Harvest date: The harvest took place between the 6th and the 15th of October.
- Consulting Oenologist: Stéphane Derenoncourt