Rol Valentin Rosé
- Vintage: 2016
- Surface area: 2 ha
- Terroir: Clay and limestone
- Grape variety proportions: 50 % Merlot
50 % Carbernet Franc
- Average age of the vines: 40 years
- Average plantation density: 5,800 plants/hectare
- Yields: 50 hl/ha
- Growing Practices: Soil tilling, leaf thinning and bunch distribution, reasoned culture regarding chemical intervention and fertilizer enrichment.
- Harvest: Machine harvest with fully integrated sorting.
- Vinification: The harvest is transported to the cellar and is directly pressed. Following the settling of the juice we yeast inoculate to begin the alcoholic fermentation (+/-20 °C). This low temperature permits the rosé to retain its freshness and its fruity aromas.
- Food and wine pairings: It goes very well as an aperitif and pairs wonderfully with salads, barbecued meats, white meats and desserts.
- Harvest Date: The harvest took place between the 21st of September and the 20th of October, 2016.
- Consulting Oenologist: Michel ROLLAND