Clos Vieux Taillefer
- Vintage: 2014
- Surface area: 3.80 ha
- Terroir: Sandy with iron deposits in the sub-soil
- Grape variety proportions: 100 % Merlot
- Average age of the vines: 40 years
- Average plantation density: 6 600 plants/hectare
- Yields: 40 HL/HA
- Growing Practices: Soil tilling, leaf thinning and bunch distribution, reasoned culture regarding chemical intervention and fertilizer enrichment.
- Harvest: Hand-picked harvest with exacting bunch-by-bunch sorting of grapes at perfect maturity.
- Vinification: Thanks to a conveyor, the grapes are moved into small, stainless steel, temperature controlled vats. The extraction is undertaken by gentle punching down of the cap of skins. The wine is then run-off with its lees into barrels to undergoe its malo-lactic fermentations.
- Ageing: After the malo-lactic fermentations, the wine is aged over lees in oak barrels for around 14 months.
- Food and wine pairings: It will perfectly accompany grilled red meats or stews, game or aged cheeses.
- Harvest date: The harvest took place between the 30th of September and the 6th of October 2014.
- Consulting Oenologist: Stéphane Derenoncourt
Clos Vieux Taillefer 2009
Elected best Merlot in the World at the IWSC-2011 competion